The Visual Designer shows the project infrastructure as an easy-to-read connected graph. It is split between a “Logical View” of project resources, and a “Blueprint View” for project blueprints.
How to access the Visual Designer – Logical View
1. Go to the project you wish to view
2. Click on View Details in the Current Status panel
The Visual Designer can be broken down into 5 distinct sections.
The main grid is where the infrastructure will be displayed as an interconnected graph of resource nodes. Changes to this graph will automatically be saved to the oak9 project after a brief delay. Resources can be selected on the grid to view details on the other Visual Designer panels.
Other actions that can be performed are repositioning resources on the graph, drawing new connections between resources or removing those connections.
After validation has been run, resources that have no issues will have a green checkmark icon on them. Resources that have one or more issues will have a red “X”. This easily shows which resources need attention at a glance.
The following actions can be performed from the header:
· Set your validation frequency
· View your validation history
· Re-run validation manually
How to set your validation frequency
1. Click the calendar icon to open up the validation frequency modal
2. Select a validation frequency and click Save
How to view your validation history
1. Click the clock icon to open the timeline display
2. Change the time range through the drop-down on the right to view more/less
validations. Click on a dot in the timeline or drag the current time indicator in
order to view the project from a prior validation perspective.
3. While viewing past validation results, the visual designer will be in read-only
How to re-validate your project
1. Click the circular arrow icon to immediately schedule a validation for this project.
After a short delay, the visual designer should update automatically with the new
In the logical view, the left panel of the visual designer can perform the following actions:
· Manage resources on a project
· View project resources
· Remove project resources
· Select a resource to view details
How to add resources to a project
Viewing and selecting project resources
1. When there are resources in the project, the left panel will display them in a list with
the total count of resources at the top.
2. To find a specific resource, just type in the search box to filter the list.
3. Clicking on a resource will update the other panels to show detailed information
about that resource.
Removing a resource from a project
1. Hover the mouse over one of the resources in the left panel to see a trash can icon.
2. Click the icon and confirm deletion on the prompt that pops up. The resource can
be re-added to the project the same way you add new resources are added later.
The right panel shows resource properties and edit resource tags. https://help.oak9.io/en/articles/5058512-properties